Softdocs develops enterprise content management, e-forms and workflow solutions exclusively for the higher education and K-12 markets. The company’s Etrieve platform redefines business processes, reducing the need for paper and improving student service and employee productivity by providing educational institutions complete control over how content is captured, processed and distributed. A privately held company founded in 1998, Softdocs is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina.
The Creative Intern will join our growing internal creative team and be tasked with supporting marketing, sales, development and professional services. The Softdocs creative team conceptualizes, designs and creates print and digital collateral to help spread the message of Softdocs and ensure our brand and overall message is clearly communicated in a polished, professional manner.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, flexible with work requests, and has experience in graphic communications, including creative strategy, graphic design and digital video production. Animation and motion graphic skills are also preferred. Applicants should have experience with the Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud (specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) as well as video editing applications such as Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere.
This position is part time (15-20 hours, potential for 30 hours in the summer), with normal working hours of 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday–Friday. With Softdocs operating at a national level, different working hours will sometimes be required.
Ideal candidate would be able to start in May 2018.
Education and Experience:
Applicants must be college juniors or seniors in good standing and majoring in a relevant field.
Hourly; amount to be determined based upon skills and experience
Requirements for Application:
Applicants must provide work samples and/or a portfolio as an attachment or through the use of a web link. Applications received without a portfolio will be rejected immediately.
Duties will be performed in our Columbia, SC corporate headquarters.
• Ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods.
• Ability to stand, work and drive throughout the day.
• Occasional ability to lift, carry and put away parcels weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to handle multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals, and to calmly and efficiently resolve problems.
• Ability to organize effectively, set priorities, manage workload, and handle multiple responsibilities in order to meet deadlines.
• As an absolute condition of employment, employees are required upon hire to sign a drug-free workplace agreement.
• Employment is subject to applicant/employee criminal background check.
• The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.