Softdocs is a rapidly growing, privately-held software company focused on the development, implementation and support of enterprise content management and workflow solutions for the education marketplace.
As a key member of the Softdocs Professional Services Team, the Project Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for all content management software installation and implementation projects. The Project Manager will be responsible for the scheduling and day to day management of project support resources as well as effectively communicating project-related information to both clients and internal staff.
The ideal candidate will have formal experience leading multiple, complex software implementation projects involving technical resources, business analysts and involving diverse client communities. Additionally, the ideal candidate will show a commitment to outstanding client service, attention to detail, and demonstrate innovative and visionary leadership.
Applicants for this position must currently reside or be willing to relocate to the Columbia, SC area.
- Provide clients with a positive implementation experience in the deployment of the Softdocs cloud-based and on-premise solutions.
- Manage technical, implementation and training resources to provide consistent and high quality services while ensuring project completion on schedule and on budget.
- Effectively anticipate and manage changes to project tasks, assignments and milestones due to, but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and/or other factors.
- Define and regularly communicate easy-to-understand project metrics to assist with managing customer, company and overall project expectations.
- Work closely with the Agile Development, Professional Services, Account Management and Marketing teams to define requirements and execute plans for new services or transitioning existing services.
- Assist the Education Services team with the development and ongoing maintenance of client documentation and relevant training material.
- Provide regular project status reporting to corporate leadership.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of successful project management responsibilities with experience leading multiple complex and concurrent technology projects preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and with individuals of varying technical skills, abilities and knowledge preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with excellent written and oral communication skills preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), or similar, training and certification desired.
- Experience in or with K12 and/or Higher Education environments desired.
- Experience working with enterprise-wide content management solutions desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office and related business productivity tools desired.
- Ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods.
- Ability to stand, work and drive throughout the day.
- Occasional ability to lift, carry and put away parcels weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals, and to effectively and efficiently resolve problems.
- Ability to organize effectively, set priorities, manage workload and handle multiple responsibilities in order to meet deadlines.
- As an absolute condition of employment, employees are required upon hire to sign a drug-free workplace agreement.
- Employment is subject to applicant/employee criminal background check.
- The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.